Saturday, October 23, 2010

Chiggers Bites?

What preventive measure can you appropriate to keep from getting bit?Chiggers Bites?
Wear long pant with cuffs tucked surrounded by your sock.
In the event you get chiggers cover the nouns with finger staple polish, that cuts off their oxygen supply. Wear long sleeve shirt also
Tuck your pant legs inside your boots or socks, and stay out of high grass. Spray insect repellant on your clothes and boots, too.
Good luck, 'cause Chigger bites really suck!
Aaah, solve this riddle and you could make big bucks surrounded by the repellent industry. :-)
My experience has be that chiggers and ticks like DEET - i.e., it is not a good repellent for them. However, they are deterred by grease. People w/ dry skin typically get more bites than populace with slippery skin.
I use olive oil (because it is biddable for the skin and I have it within my kitchen) as a base and mix contained by pure essential oils that are agreed to repel insects. Some to consider are Cedar and Lavender. I use about 10 drops of the essential oil to 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Essential oil are sold in crude foods stores.
There is a bath soap call Grandpa's Pine Tar soap that is somewhat of a repellent. Using Avon's Skin-so-soft after the tub helps some, too.
Also, chiggers will burrow lower than tight clothing. I get a lesser amount of bites if I wear no socks and slather my feet and legs near oil.
If I know I've be in chigger country, I variety a strong solution of salt dampen (2 tablespoons salt to 1 1/2 cups of heat up water) and splash it all over, agree to it dry on my skin, and then clutch a bath. I put adjectives the clothing I've worn directly into the washing apparatus.
Have you ever heard of Deep Woods OFF! Spray protects against chiggers. DUH!

No comments:

Post a Comment